BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

First Post

Well, I've began blogs before and then eventually abandoned them so I hope this time will be different. I suppose I should introduce myself....

My name is Lady Wanderlust (not really, obviously, but for the purposes of this blog). I'm 26, nearly 27 years old, and I live in Charleston, SC. This past week has been rather eventful for me as I got hitched on Saturday and graduated with a Master's degree on Sunday. I married my boyfriend of four years on December 16th, so as of today I've been married four days! We don't have a honeymoon planned, at least not yet, so life is pretty much back to normal now that our friends and family have returned home. Currently, my husband (that is the first time I've referred to him as such!) is at work and I am sitting in our apartment realizing I have nothing at all to do for the next month or so.

This is a strange feeling for me because ever since I began my last semester of graduate school in August, I've been rushing around preparing for the next big thing. I had an internship that was basically a part-time job, an actual part-time job for a company in its busy season, two graduate classes with a heavy reading load, a Comprehensive Exam to pass, and a wedding to plan. Now that all that is over and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. All the free time is nice in a way, but it's also boring. However, it won't last too long.

Sometime in February, my husband and I will go to Japan for a year to teach English at one of the many language schools there. I started this blog because I'd like to record our experiences there and hopefully entertain some people in the process. Up until now, I really haven't had much time to think about the trip, and even now it seems like some distant, unreal thing in the future. Right now our Visa paperwork is in Japan, awaiting approval from Japanese officials. After that, we find out where we'll live and our exact departure date. My husband and I are hoping for a large city, Tokyo or Osaka or something, although we won't find out where we're going until two weeks before we leave, which makes things interesting. I have no idea what to expect, but my husband and I want to have an adventure, and moving to a foreign city for a year should certainly be one.

He and I have always done things a little differently than everyone else. Most people we know have been married for a year or two, own nice homes, hold good jobs and are just beginning to start a family. We just got married, rent a small, dumpy apartment, hold insignificant part-time jobs and can't fathom having children. We also have this burning desire to travel the world and are terrified that if we don't do it now we never will. Most people seem to admire this, but a lot of them also seem to think it's a bit strange or irresponsible. They don't actually say that, but I sense it sometimes. Who knows, maybe I'm being paranoid.

Well, I guess that's it for my first entry. Although I've created this blog for myself in a way, I'd love to get feedback from whatever readers might stumble across this page.

Until next time....

5 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Hey Lady! Welcome to Blogland!

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

Virginia Belle said...

you are so cool. i am loving this. i'm really glad you found me. i was starting to think that no one in this state blogged! i have a couple of friends who do, but it's really nice to find others. sometimes it seems like all the bloggers live in NYC or California.

congratulations on the wedding. you will have to tell us how you met, fell in love, etc. (if you want to, of course)

i think the traveling thing is REALLY cool. i wish i had the guts to do that. maybe i could do that if i ever got married. it would be a lot easier if you had someone to go with you. i think it's a neat idea. not irresponsible at all. you are embracing life and going for it.

which, imo, kicks ass.

Erin said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are willing to pick up and move to Japan to teach. I only wished I had done something so adventurous.

I loved your wedding pictures - and I'm incredibly jealous. That was exactly and I mean EXACTLY the kind of wedding I wanted but never had - minus the adultery of course... did the spouse ever find out??

Anonymous said...

Hi. I stumbled upon your blog, started reading it backwards (from most recent to oldest) and jumped tot he first post. You've had a very interesting experience in Japan it seems. I'll read more of your blog to see if that kind of experience would suit me... Keep on writing how you get on back in the states.

Anonymous said...

Your penis sizegenetics is made up chambers, ligaments, muscles, and blood flow. All these things must be naturally increased in an effort to get effective male enhancement. Please read what I just said carefully: ALL THESE THINGS must be naturally increased! Not a person thing. And this instantly rules out using sizegenetics, sizegenetics tools, and going looking for surgery! What is because those methods are unnatural, ineffective, and in every cases, extremely dangerous.Your penis responds the same way your sizegenetics responds when you finally are going to get bigger muscles: Through consistent, natural, and effective exercise routines, you gain bigger and stronger muscles, as well same goes for getting a bigger penis... plus gaining other benefits!
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/