BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 27, 2007

Blonds Be Damned!

Strolling into work today, I noticed this poster pasted to the window. Notice anything unusual?



My first reaction was "Holy Shit! They're all blond." My second reaction was "Gee willickers! They're all white."

Ironically, I've met more non-Caucasian teachers here than I have blond ones, and needless to say the poster is not an accurate representation of the company's teachers. But, as you may remember from this post, blonds are popular here in Japan, so I suppose it benefits them to uphold the stereotype that foreigners are primarily blue-eyed blonds. Still, it's annoying.

Here is my reaction....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess I'll substitute some hair-dye for some of the deodorant I've packed. 20 sticks should still be sufficient eh?

Stormdrane said...

Ha, but you're hot and they're not. ;)

Anonymous said...

They are artifically colored. Anyway their teeth is very impressive. :) Hair color is fake, but how about teeth ? :)