BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Leaving, on a Jet Plane...Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again

At this time next week, my husband and I will be en route to our new home in the Land of the Rising Sun, otherwise known as Japan. We will not see our cats, family, friends and COUNTRY for one whole year. It's a little weird to think about. I'm used to being apart from my family and friends, since most of them still live in or near my home state of Oklahoma, but the cats and the United States is another story. Who wouldn't miss these adorable, furry faces?



Other than feeling sad about leaving my cats, I am surprisingly calm about the move. After all, people move abroad all of the time and this will undoubtedly be an experience of a lifetime. We're going to meet people from all over the globe, live thirty miles from one of the largest, hippest cities in the world and immerse ourselves in a completely foreign culture. Not bad for two hillbillies from Oklahoma and South Carolina! I'm sure we'll also get homesick and continue our trend of being ridiculously broke, but I don't believe we'll regret our decision to move. All in all, I think it's going to be great. If anything, at least we won't have to hear so much about Paris Hilton. Maybe.

I'm going to post pictures and videos galore, so if you're interested, dear readers, be sure to check back from time to time. My original intent was to remain anonymous, because of the potentially negative reaction my language school employer might have, but I'm not sure if that's going to work for me. What do you think? Should I remain anonymous or come out of the blog closet, so to speak?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awww, your cats are so darn cute! I bet your going to miss those little guys a lot - but enjoy all the time you can there!

Librarian Girl said...

If you're anonymous or not, the main thing is that if you're graceful on your blog, it really doesn't matter. I'm anonymous on mine, but I still never write anything I wouldn't want my boss, my mom, my work colleagues to see.