BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 12, 2007

See You on the Other Side (Of the World)

This is the last entry I'm going to post until my husband and I have arrived in Japan. Tomorrow will be a fun-filled day of planes, trains and automobiles, with nearly 24 hours of travel time. Here's the equation:

Charlotte, NC to Detroit (2 hours) + layover in Detroit (4.5 hours) + Detroit to Tokyo (13 hours) + bus/train ride to our apartment (? hours) + random waiting around at various airports and stations (? hours) = 24 hours of travel. So there you have it. I'm sure I'll be one cranky bitch by time we reach our final destination.

We've just about completed last minute details like canceling our cell phones, car insurance, making bank deposits, etc. Last night I sold my car to one of my husband's work friends for a ridiculously low sum, which means I won't be driving again for at least a year. Weird.

I still don't think I fully comprehend the magnitude of what we're about to do, but I'll have to start comprehending pretty damn soon.

Be sure to check back! Although I don't know how soon I'll be able to get online in Japan, I'm certainly going to continue this blog.

Until later..............................

7 comments:

Erin said...

EEK! The excitement!

Travel sucks, so just wear comfortable clothes and brings lots of stuff to read, lol.

You best get on this blog ASAP to tell us how it is there - can't wait to hear about it!

Random Musings said...

Happy travels!!
And keep us updated!! Good luck!

Librarian Girl said...

Can't wait to hear the next installment!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have a good flight!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow! Good luck! By the time you read this, I imagine you'll be over here, so I'll say - Welcome to Japan!

Battlerocker said...

Godspeed!

Virginia Belle said...

seriously, this is so cool. i SO want to do this if i ever get married.

heck, i might do it by myself....but i would miss not having anyone to talk to in my native tongue!!