BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Moving On Up (the Stairs)

Farewell, Charleston!

As of last night, my husband and I are no longer residents of that quaint, Southern city. How I will miss being stuck behind a carriage full of overweight tourists when I am late for work. How I'll long for the mob scene that is the City Market in July. Farewell aggressive palmetto rose children, street performers, tolling church bells and ancient graveyards. I'm being a bit of a smart ass, but I really will miss Charleston and all of my Lowcountry homies. Who knows, maybe my husband and I will return after our Asian adventure. His current post-Japan plan is to move to the Florida Keys and search for treasure. We'll see. That's not exactly a realistic notion.

Last night my boo and I packed/flung our meager belongings into a U-Haul, and then drove the load to my in-laws' beach home in Beaufort (about an hour or so from Charleston). Today we hauled heavy boxes and furniture up two flights of stairs, three if you count the ladder leading to the attic, trying to make it look as if we are not taking over the house. I HATE moving! Fortunately, our cats haven't barfed or crapped on anything yet. I don't want them to do that until after we leave the country. The father-in-law is not so excited about acquiring two new cats. However, my mother-in-law loves animals, and will take excellent care of them. I doubt they'll want to come back with us after living with her for a year.

We have a new laptop!! I sold the desktop on Craigslist two days after listing it and we wasted no time getting to Best Buy. I could go berserk in Best Buy if I had unlimited (or any) funds. I heart electronics. Now if only we could sell our cars...

We got our entry Visas in the mail, so we're now legal to live and work in Japan!

4 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

I don't get it. Who wouldn't want two more cats in the house?

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Random Musings said...

WEEHOOO
moving sucks though, I was excited about the computer

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a laptop - that will make things so much easier!!

Enjoy the trip, it all sounds so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say hi, and good luck in the blog battle against me =) You have a nice looking blog here!