Over 100 Random Things About Me
1. My birthday is Feb 22. I share it with George Washington, Edna St Vincent Millay, Ted Kennedy, and Drew Barrymore, among others.
2. I have two cats King Oreo and Allie Cat
3. I failed my driver's test two times, and when I finally passed the instructor told my father and I that I didn't know how to drive.
4. When I was kid I cracked my left arm while playing tag at church. That's perhaps the most serious injury I've ever had.
5. I am a big ghost nerd and own at least a dozen books that contain so-called "true" ghost stories. I also work at a ghost tour place in downtown Charleston (until Feb. '07 that is).
6. I saw Titanic 7 times in the theater.
7. I have two brothers that are or were in the Marines. One is currently in Iraq, one never had to leave California.
8. My middle name is Jenine and I don't like it.
9. I yearn to travel the world.
10. I once had face fungus!
11. I used to taunt my brothers with a song called "Date Due" based on the date due card in the back of library books. Example: "David is a date due, date due, date due. David is a date due all day long."
12. My first car was an '85 Ford Tempo that I called Ole Bessie.
13. I've been skydiving.
14. Two years after I skydived with the company, one of their planes crashed, killing one and injuring several others. The instructor jumped out, leaving the customers onboard, (they had chutes) and the company had no insurance policy due to non payment. They're still in business.
15. I can barely swim and am wary of deep water. This fear was further aggravated when I saw a man drown in the ocean this past July.
16. I'm allergic to poison ivy. I can get it via the air.
17. I'm horrible at math. I can barely add two digit numbers in my head.
18. I had my first pedicure last month (Dec. '06).
19. I was once arrested for using a fake ID.
20. My favorite author is Stephen King.
21. I love to read about King Henry VIII and his various wives. Anne Boleyn is my favorite historical figure.
22. I was in a church puppet group that traveled around the state and country competing against other church puppet groups. We were called The King's Kids.
23. I have a phobia of fire. As a child, I constantly had nightmares my house burnt down and I used to wander around at night certain that I smelled smoke.
24. My nickname is high school was Ghetto Booty.
25. I used to want to be a cheerleader because I thought it would make me popular.
26. I wish I could dance well. Or at all. Several people have told me that I'm a horrible dancer.
27. Tara Reid annoys the hell out of me.
28. When I was a child all of our pets died premature, gruesome deaths. Heart worms, cars, dogs, disease, culture shock. You name it, we had a pet die of it.
29. As a kid I wrote dozens of scary stories. I once wrote a story about a "horror lump" that grew under a family's carpet.
30. I have approximately ten journals that I kept from second grade to college.
31. In high school I thought I was "alternative," which means I spent a lot of time brooding, listening to Marilyn Manson music and wearing Vans shoes.
32. I've never been able to make straight As in school because of math!
33. I used to stalk a boy that lived behind me. I memorized his class schedule and would "happen" to walk by his classrooms. This was in a junior high.
34. When I first moved to a new high school, I sometimes hid in the bathroom rather than eat in the cafeteria alone.
35. I love amusement parks! Especially roller coasters.
36. I once got 3 tickets in 2 days due to an expired tag and inspection sticker.
37. For Halloween, I've been Jem, a butterfly, a bloody monster, a gypsy, Little Red Riding Hood, and Rainbow Brite, among others.
38. When Britney Spears first came out, people consistently told me that I looked like her.
39. I've quit two jobs by just not showing up or calling.
40. I can't take a shot in a one gulp. I have to sip. Naturally, that means I can't take shots of hard liquor.
41. Cats are my favorite animal by far.
42. I once stole a book and bookmark from the junior high book fair because I wanted to see how it felt.
43. In junior high, I used to go to the roller skating rink almost every weekend.
44. I've applied to Big Brother and The Real World more than once (although now I think The Real World is lame and basically soft porn).
45. My husband knows the runner up in the Miss America 2006 pageant, Monica Pang.
46. Kelly from The Amazing Race 7 supposedly had a crush on him. They danced the night away at prom despite having separate dates. She went on to become Ms. South Carolina (what a pimp).
.47. I love to read other people's blogs. The more personal the better.
48. I've been in a high speed chase.
49. One of my boobs is bigger than the other.
50. My curfew in high school was midnight. My brothers had no curfews.
51. I've only been out of the country twice (so far) and that was to Cancun, Mexico and England.
52. I've tried weed and I hate it.
53. I've passed out one time in my life and that was at an Incubus concert (in the lobby, before the concert began) in front of two cops and approximately 100 people. I wasn't high or anything.
54. I hate walking in water where I can't see the bottom. It grosses me out.
55. I love 80s hair bands.
56. I've never had large groups of friends, but the ones I have I'm very close to and they will likely be friends for life.
57. The friend I've known the longest is D. We met in 2nd grade.
58. The friend I've known the second longest is K. We met in 6th grade
59. They are both on Myspace and on my friends list. I am addicted to Myspace and check it multiple times, everyday.
60. My favorite alcoholic drinks are Red Bull & Vodka and Rum & Coke.
61. I used to have my navel pierced but it fell out before it fully healed and closed up overnight.
62. I used to have my ear cartilage pierced but it hurt like hell so I took it out.
63. I got my ears pierced when I was 8 or 9 and the holes are still there.
64. I frequently mourn the fact that I have no fashion sense and wish I didn't dress so plainly.
65. I weigh 15 pounds more than I did in high school.
66. I despise milk. I can eat it in cereal, refuse to consume it by itself. Nasty!
67. I am terrible with money and owe all of my limbs to various student loan lenders.
68. I like to pick fleas off my cats using a flea comb.
69. As a sophomore, I went to the prom with a German foreign exchange student named Kai.
70. I have fallen over in my chair twice. Once in the middle of class and once in front of a big boss at work. The work chair had wheels.
71. I think MTV has become really lame.
72. I've streaked.
73. I've been skinny dipping.
74. I hate when people order wine at rowdy bars or clubs. I think it's pretentious. Drink beer or liquor!
75. I've ridden to the hospital in an ambulance.
76. I love to read.
77. I hate to cook or clean.
78. I've seen Vanilla Ice perform (way after his peak) and was angry because he wouldn't pay attention to me. He kept staring at the girl next to me and even gave her a bottle of water. I got nothing.
79. I love to travel but flying makes me a bit nervous.
80. I've been to Mardi Gras.
81. Sometimes I think I have heart problems.
82. I've never been in a physical fight with anyone other than my brothers.
83. The only girl who made it known that she did not like me was named Casey. She wrote bitch on my locker and threatened to kick my ass (via her boyfriend who I stalked. See 33).
84. I am a striped! yellow belt in Tai Kwan Do.
85. I changed my college major two times. (Psychology, Journalism, PR).
86. I minored in Spanish but remember next to nothing.
87. I once lived with two males in a trailer, or "manufactured home."
88. I've never been to Las Vegas and I really want to go.
89. I hate to exercise with a passion.
90. I love cherry pie, anything chocolate, and french fries from McDonald's.
91. I've worked at Carl's Jr, a Baptist church camp, Wal-Mart, The Olive Garden, Dillard's, Farmer's Insurance, Mangrove Software, The Child Abuse Council, Mercury Insurance, AIM Healthcare, and now a ghost tour company.
92. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I finish grad school expect not teach.
93. I learned to drive a stick shift when I was 16. My dad made me.
94. I've been in three car accidents. One of which caused me semi-serious injuries.
95. I hate nearly all chiropractors.
96. I hate nearly all "personal-injury" lawyers.
97. I don't have health insurance right now.
98. I think Oklahoma City is better than most people believe it is.
99. I've voted both Republican and Democrat in presidential elections.
100. I like to write about myself.
101. I feel stupid when I have to order coffee in "venti" or "grande" sizes. I think one is supposed to feel sophisticated.
102. I've lived in Oklahoma City, OK, Tampa, FL, and Charleston, SC in the last four years.
103. I used to find the moment when the lights go on and everyone exits the movie theater very awkward and uncomfortable.
104. In high school, I dyed my hair every shade of red possible.
105. I hate watching football!
106. I HATE the tradition at wedding receptions when the DJ or whoever announces the newly married couple as Mr. and Mrs. Groom's First Name, Groom's Last Name. For example, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Blow. It's as if the woman loses every speck of her identity once she is married. I forbade the officiant from addressing us that way at our wedding.
107. Sir Mix A Lot's 'Baby Got Back' is the only song guaranteed to get my "dancing" at a club.
108. I like to google people I know or used to know.
109. I spend HOURS searching for random people on Myspace and get really excited when I find one person after three hours of fruitless hunting.
110. Through Myspace, I have reconnected with three cousins, an aunt, two third cousins, a girl I haven't seen since 4th grade and one since 6th, old sorority/fraternity buddies, high school friends, and various other random people.
111. I despise the phrase "preggers."
112. I like getting emails that I know are urban legends and then proving them wrong via snopes.com
Monday, January 15, 2007
Over 100 Random Things About Me
Posted by Lady Wanderlust at 5:28 PM