BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We're Still Waiting...

As this blog is supposed to be about my life/future life in Japan, I thought I'd give an update on our status. Presently, my husband and I are still waiting to receive our Certificates of Eligibility from Japan. Once we have those, he and I will travel to the Japanese Consulate in Hot-lanta and exchange the certificates for our actual work visas. After that, we buy our plane tickets and go! We should hear something in the next week or so.

At this point, the trip still doesn't seem real to me, even though we're tentatively scheduled to leave in a little less than a month! I think once we get our visas and buy our tickets it will seem more of a definite thing. Meanwhile, we have to be out of our apartment in Charleston in exactly two weeks so there is a lot of packing and organizing to do. After we leave Charleston, my husband and I will stay at my in-laws' beach house in Beaufort until it's time for us to go to Japan. Well, this post is getting boring, so there's your update. Hopefully I'll have some exciting news soon.

6 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

i have heard beaufort is gorgeous.

how are you getting your stuff over there? or are you just leaving it behind? do you get reimbursed for your plane tix? where are you staying when you get there? am i asking too many questions?

i'm excited for you! you're going to have such neat adventures, i think. are you all prepped on japanese culture so you don't offend anyone? that would be my biggest worry.

good luck with all the paperwork. keep us posted.

Lady Wanderlust said...

We're only taking the bare basics as we're only allowed two bags apiece. His family will ship us the stuff we need later on, such as our computer and our summer clothing. We are getting rid of a lot of furniture and clothes. No, we're not reimbursed for our plane tickets but it's not all that expensive for a flight to Japan. It will be $685, one way. The company we work for finds us housing, so we have a place to live. I am somewhat versed on Japanese culture. I know that is not okay to blow one's nose in public or kiss on the lips. However, men are allowed to pee in the middle of the street.

Random Musings said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!!
i CAN NOT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS MORE!!Fingers crossed for you guys

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Hey good luck for your trip over here and settling in. Where in Japan are you moving to? What will you be doing here?

Some of the culture things have changed of late... blowing your nose is now mostly acceptable... people are getting more affectionate in public.. my brother came over here so concerned about not offending anyone, but as long as you don't forget to take off your shoes, you smile and bow, you'll be forgiven for a lot while you find your feet.

Lady Wanderlust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garage Renovation Lansing said...

Hello mate greeat blog post